60 Frendraught

Great Crowns of Stone reference number - 31 Page 364 (PDF)
Canmore reference number - 18370
Parking Spot - What3Words ///deflect.tennis.rejoiced or digital coordinates 57.471526, -2.644831
Site location - What3Words ///speakers.outlines.sprayer or digital coordinates 57.474410, -2.650346
Route from Parking Spot to Site - OS Maps
Distance from Parking Spot to site 740m
Terrain - Farm track, through field & forest, avoid damage to crop, avoid worrying cattle / sheep, over a ladder gate.
Date first visited site 27th June 2022

My heart sank as I realised that the site was completely covered with fallen trees. But after finding the fallen flanker and standing recumbent, I used the sketch in the Great Crowns of Stone to locate the three other circle stones. This took sometime and effort as the ground is uneven and fallen trees created an interesting assault course, again I am thankful for my high platelet count! The furthest circle stone stands although it's only about a meter tall, the two other circle stones are fallen and broken up. The recumbent is fairly impressive from what I can tell as a tree had fallen directly on top of it. From the sketch in GCoS it looks like the stones have not suffered any significant damage from the fallen trees, however I do fear that the site maybe damaged from the clearing task whenever that happens.